Finding a school for your child is an experience that is unique to every family.
There is no best school! Schools are best when they are chosen for specific reasons, for specific families, and specific children.
Parents benefit from entering the process of choosing a school with an open mind. A wide array of considerations go into choosing a school:
- What location is best suited to your family’s needs?
- What is the culture of the school? How does the culture match the culture of your family?
- What is diversity like at the school? How are students selected and how are the needs of students met?
- Is there an organized student study team ready to help parents and teachers meet the needs of a range of students?
- What is the school philosophy? How does the philosophy deal with intellectual freedom, social justice, discipline, the importance and opportunity for creativity?
- What is the day care situation for parents who work outside of the home?